Tuesday, November 02, 2004

My Vote Is In

Geoffrey Haggerty here and I have cast my vote. I gotta say, I didn't enjoy the tactile sensation of voting quite so much as Stef and Al did. The handlebar thing didn't click quite satisfactorily enough for my liking. But the font was certainly very neatly official looking!

My wait time was five minutes, as I voted in a little NYC Park-house where I used to go to daycamp and my brother used to go for pre-school. Beforehand I went for a nice stroll with my mother through the crisp November morning, debating politics and Halloween candy. Then we strolled back home and I ate a ham sandwich and some Halloween candy.

On another note, an Elephriend sent an e-mail noting she was on line ahead of CHUCK SCHUMER. She got a handshake from the man, was photographed by the New York Times, voted for him then saw Jennifer Connelly walk by.

At least I ate ham sandwich.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

debbert here again -

we took our baby to the polls this morning. as my wife went behind the curtain, I was holding ellie facing out, and she was staring down everyone in the place, workers, other voters, etc.

"She's a poll monitor," I quipped to an old lady.

I considered tossing in an Ohio-judiciary comment, but decided against it.

November 2, 2004 at 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home