Monday, November 01, 2004

Ice Hockey

Geoff here. I'm sorry to undermine my patriotic compatriot, but telling your boss you are at an ice hockey game and cheering for the Rangers is probably a pretty bad idea, considering the whole NHL lockout thing. BUT here are some other things you can tell him/her!

-I'm at a preseason NBA game! Go Knicks!
-I'm at a college hockey game! Go Big Red!
-I'm at the movies! Go Paul Giammati in "Sideways"!
-I'm sick! Go lymph nodes!
-I'm still freaking voting! It's taking me a long time to decide, all right?

As for tomorrow, I'm very anxious/excited. I'm hoping we as a country can bust on past that 50% voter turnout thing we've been hovering near in the past few elections. Prediction: 65%. That's probably optimistic, but hey. I'm an optimist!

Interesting hypothetical I thought of: would you rather 25% voter turnout and your candidate elected or 100% voter turnout and the other guy gets elected? I will pose it to my fellow Elephants. And anyone else reading if they'd care to use those nifty comment buttons!

3 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

Two weeks ago, I would have said 100% voter turn-out, and the other guy. Right now, I want my candidate to win so badly I'd have sex with him, if that would make a difference.

Okay, honestly, I'd probably have sex with him anyway. You know, if I had sex with guys. Which I don't.

I'd probably do it anyway.

Don't tell my girlfriend.

November 1, 2004 at 11:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. this sure is a nifty comment button.
look at me posting.

and i hope no one shatters my illusions about my boyfriend's sexual orientation.

November 2, 2004 at 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'd say this: i want 100% to vote.
if bush is re-elected, i want everyone in the country to line up, single file, and i want each of them to explain to me why they voted that way. if their reasons are sound - intense religious conviction, working for a weapons manufacturer - fine. if any egregious factual errors are used to justify their vote, i want to correct them, convince them they were wrong and then hit them over the head with a standard shovel.

it's all about consensus building.

November 2, 2004 at 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home