Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Paranoia??

Jerf signing in.

I voted today at 11:15 in sunny Port Washington. As I headed to the United Methodist Church, I tried to check out all the cars following me on Port Washington Boulevard in my rearview. I wanted to see these determined looks on everyone's faces, as if we were all joining together for this big job. But people just looked kinda dogged.

Everybody in the polling center was making nevous conversation. Why are we all so nervous??

Well, personally, I was nervous 'cause I've never voted before. Yes, I know. I'm still getting shit from people for not voting in 2000. I'm sorry already! Get over it.

Anyhoo, after reading about all these confusing ballots, I was kinda shaky heading into the booth. I double- and triplechecked everything before pulling the lever, but really, it seemed pretty straightforward. I guess I was just afraid that they were going to pull the voting booth away right when I got there and replace it with those chit tab ballots from Florida. At which point I would have cried like a broken baby lamb.

Well, I'm just babbling here, because I, like the rest of the Larries, am nervous and itchy about this whole day of waiting. Time to try to work.

Btw, I hope it wasn't wrong of me to encourage people to vote in the EL email. I didn't think it was a particularly partisan stance, so hopefully that was okay.

-jerf

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guster just sent out an e-mail encouraging people to vote, and I know at least one member of Elephant Larry likes Guster, so Jerf, I think it's fine that you encouraged people to vote in your e-mail. It would have been better if you had also encouraged cats to vote, but I'll let this one go.

November 2, 2004 at 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home